6.23.2006

LJS-The Morning After

It has been said that all good things come to an end. Thankfully, the same is true for all bad things, which is especially meaningful to me tonight as I finally have pushed the last traces of last night's Long John Silver's fish combo out of my system.

Typically, your average Joe who gets into trouble with something he eats doesn't feel the effects until 24-48 hours after eating the guilty food. My trouble started 24-48 seconds after swallowing my first Fish Bite.

Growing up, I used to watch the ABC Afterschool Special. One of them I remember dealt with the importance of treating your body well, and it depicted the inside workings of your body being run like a factory, with all of these little people watching monitors, pulling levers, and checking fluid levels, all with your good health in mind.

Once the first Fish Bite entered my stomach my little body elves went into Code Red. As my gut tossed I could imagine sirens wailing and buzzers going off and the red-faced stomach supervisor down in the Gastro Control Room screaming "Purge! Purge!".

But this was only the beginning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo-elle said...

nice, honey
:p

Sat Jun 24, 11:46:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Jo-elle said...

oh, but it did make me laugh.

Sat Jun 24, 11:47:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your stomach but your recap made me laugh!

Mom

Thu Jun 29, 12:36:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home